Can You Exercise in Hair Extensions?
Posted on November 16 2018
Exercise is one of the biggest reasons that prevent so many people from wearing hair extensions. This is false. You CAN wear hair extensions while exercising. But you must use caution when doing so.
Wearing hair extensions during a workout session is just like drinking a glass of wine. You can do it, but you just have to know the rules and use care when doing so.
So, if you can your extensions, do so. This will preserve them for the long haul.
But if you can’t here are a few tips and tricks you can use to help you get fit and keep your hair looking great:
- Make sure your Extensions are not touching your skin.
- Use a Leave-In-Conditioner on your hair before your workout.
- Wear a headband or scarf.
- Put your hair in a ponytail or braid them.
- DON’T TUG. Constant tugging will only make them slip out during your workout. Not to mention it can also cause the bonds of your own hair to become weak with the constant pulling.
- DON’T MAKE THE PONYTAIL TOO TIGHT. Making the ponytail tight will definitely keep the hair from moving, but it can also prevent the sweat from quickly drying. This can cause the root of the hair extension to easily frizz and ultimately tangle when trying to remove them later.
- After the workout, shampoo your extensions.
ALWAYS USE SHAMPOOS AND CONDITIONERS FREE OF SULFATES AND PHOSPHATES. These ingredients tend to dry out the extensions as well as your own hair.
Please be aware that all of these tips can and should be used on your own hair as well as your extensions. This will help prolong the health of your hair and extensions.
Exercise shouldn’t be a hindrance to looking good while maintaining your health. You can do both. Don’t let anything stop you from achieving your goals. There is always a solution to every problem, if you look.
Posted by: Moroccan Indigo staff writers